June 7, Get Published: Heritage Project now seeks written submissions
FORT MONROE, Va. (June 7, 2010) - People are the heritage of Fort Monroe, and we want to hear from you. We started off with looking for photos, but The Fort Monroe Online Heritage Project has quickly expanded to include anecdotes about your time on Fort Monroe. The submission process is easy.
- Review the appropriate deadlines and guidelines below.
- Submit to TRADOC HQ Public Affairs at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be received by Sunday, August 1, 2010.
1. All participants must be at least 18 years old.
2. All submissions must be the property of the submitter.
3. Multiple submissions are encouraged.
4. No submissions will be returned.
5. Written submissions should be no more than a half-page in length (300 words).
6. For any submission chosen for inclusion in the book, we will send out a copyright release form which will need to be completed and sent back prior to publication.
7. Photos and written submissions should be about your experiences associated with one of the following subjects:
- Algernourne Oak
- Baltimore Wharf
- Bay Breeze Community Center
- Bowling Center
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Building 5
- Building 7
- Building 9 (The Band Building)
- Building 10
- Building 24 (Fire Station)
- Building 27 (Multimedia)
- Building 28 (Public Works)
- Building 77 (Post Headquarters)
- Building 87 (Provost Marshall)
- Building 97 (former Post Office)
- Building 100 (offices)
- Building 105
- Building 133
- Building 161
- Casemate Museum
- Casemate Club
- Chapel of the Centurion
- Commanding General's Headquarters
- Commanding General's Quarters
- Engineer Pier
- Fitness Center
- Flagstaff Bastion
- NCO Club
- NCO Swimming Pool
- Old Point Comfort Lighthouse
- Parade Field and Gazebo
- Perry House
- Post Clinic
- Post Commissary
- Post Theater
- Postern Gate
- Quarters 1
- Quarters 15 (Ruckman Road)
- Quarters 50
- Quarters 141/142 (Flattops)
- Robert E. Lee's Quarters
- Signal Station (Recruiting Office)
- Sporting events
- St. Mary Star of the Sea Church
- The Chamberlin
- The "Music Under the Stars" concert series
- Walker Airfield
- Wilson Park and Dog Beach
To view the photo submissions from the Fort Monroe Online Heritage Project, visit the Flickr group page here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ftmonroeheritage